• Provides support on general operations, defense of claims and litigation (including personal injury, commercial, property damage and fair housing matters), and other corporate initiatives.
• Coordinates activities, internally and externally, including advocacy and strategy for litigated and investigative matters, internal communications and remediation efforts, discovery initiatives and related disclosures.
• Manages litigation and regulatory proceedings, including pre-litigation dispute resolution, management of active litigation, responsibility for discovery and other litigation requests and procedures, review of pleadings and other court documents.
• Advises Senior and General Counsels and management on strategy and resolution of cases.
• Provides guidance regarding regulatory and risk management issues.
• Oversees the receipt of subpoenas and other information requests and inquiries from third parties.
• Provides risk management and other general advice to the legal department, business partners and customers.
• Deals with all matters regarding attending court, police station and so on.
• Drives strategy, execution and management of outside counsel on litigation and government investigation matters.
• Works cross-functionally with teams to mitigate litigation risk and to ensure compliance with litigation and regulatory obligations.
• Supports internal investigations with risk of litigation related exposure.
• Stays abreast of legal and claims activities.
• Travels as needed for depositions, meetings, training, and/or company events.
• Performs other related duties as assigned to meet the needs of the business.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Substantive knowledge and experience in litigation, including experience on premises liability and/or fair housing defense in both state and federal court in a multitude of states and jurisdictions
• Must be well aware and efficient with prosecution system and court system.
• Familiarity with legal issues and regulations relating to multifamily housing
• Critical thinking and problem-solving skills applied to complex legal challenges
• Executive presence and relationship management skills, including influencing and negotiation
• Professional and effective verbal and written communication skills, including presentations and advocacy
• Accuracy and attention to detail with qualitative and quantitative data
• Computer skills with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
• Ability to prioritize, manage multiple tasks and projects, and meet deadlines within a fast-paced environment
• Skill and ability to collaborate within a team as well as operate independently
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and maintain appropriate discretion
Apply for this position